21 Steps to 21st Century Learning Online Institutes
Laptop programs are part of an international move towards personalized learning, designed to increase independence and self-initiated learning in students and extend their learning beyond the classroom. Institute leader Bruce Dixon, international pioneer of 1-to-1 learning and president of the Anytime Anywhere Learning Foundation, will take you through the steps you should follow to successfully implement a student laptop program and tailor the program to your vision and your school's needs. Based on the experiences of thousands of laptop schools around the world, the 21 STEPS TO 21st CENTURY LEARNING steps range from vision and goal setting through to budgeting and communications, as well as building pedagogical capacity through policy decisions and deployment.
The 21 Steps to 21st Century Online Series is divided into two separate institutes. Please check the Events page regularly for upcoming 21 Steps Online Institutes. These courses are offered several times a year, so if you have missed a date, check back in with us!
1. The 21 Steps to 21st Century Learning Online Institute - Planning
2. The 21 Steps to 21st Century Learning Online Institute - Implementation
During AALF's 21 STEPS TO 21st CENTURY LEARNING Online Institute - PLANNING , you will learn about:
* Building and communicating a shared vision.
* Articulating clear and measurable goals for your program.
* Financial models to address affordability and sustainability.
* Assessing your readiness to successfully implement 1:1 in your school or district.
During AALF's 21 STEPS TO 21st CENTURY LEARNING Online Institute - IMPLEMENTATION , you will learn about:
* Building pedagogical capacity and the challenges of managing change;
* Determining your infrastructure needs and re-considering your learning spaces;
* Selecting devices and software and establishing supportive partnerships;
* Understanding policy issues and parent and community concerns;
* Setting up effective support services.